We all need protection of assets from the following risks:
- Protection from claims of creditors
- Protection for marriage partners and for children if marriages break down
- Protection in retirement and old age
- Preservation of core family assets for current and future generations and from disputed will claims
- Protection from the unwise decisions of future generations and from matrimonial property attacks from the spouses of future generations
- Protection from the risk of business failure
We should also plan our affairs so we don’t pay more tax than is necessary. We also need to minimise the risk of exposure to the introduction of capital gains tax, capital transfer tax or wealth tax.
We can help you plan for these eventualities. Our asset protection team can advise you about wills and trusts and prepare and manage them for you.
Please click here to find out more information about Family Trusts with WRMK.
In need of wise advice based on experience?
Our Trusts Team
- Neil McNab Director BA, LLB | Team Leader Neil is a Managing Director of the firm. He specialty interests and expertise lies in trusts and related areas. Contact
- Megan Bawden Director RCpN, LLB(Hons) | Life Planning Team Leader Megan leads our life planning team. She has particular interest in medico-legal matters and “‘elder law” issues. Contact
- Vanessa Crosby Consultant LLB Vanessa completed her secondary schooling in Whangarei and graduated from Otago University in 1992. Contact
- Rebecca Merry Director BA, LLB | Rural Team Leader Rebecca is an experienced rural and asset planning lawyer, and leads our rural law team. Contact
- Tania Beckham Associate LLB Tania joined our firm in 2002 after graduating from Auckland University. Contact
- Patrick Steuart Director LLB Patrick leads our Warkworth team, and is known as a trusted advisor to his clients. Contact
- Andrew Easterbrook Associate LLB, BA Andrew is a senior lawyer who can provide advice about relationship property, information and technology, privacy law, and online bullying cases. Contact
- Barbara Beck Consultant BA, JD | Business Team Leader Barbara has a strong commercial practice. Contact
- Chloe Davenport Lawyer LLB, BA Chloe has a broad background in the law and her areas of practice include Property, Trusts, Wills, EPOA and Family Law. Chloe is very pleased to have joined WRMK and will be based in Kerikeri. Contact
- Julia Ingham (Lockwood) Senior Lawyer LLB Julia helps clients from Warkworth to Mangawhai on a wide range of matters, including property, trusts and commercial. Contact
- Vicki Saunders Legal Executive Vicki is based in our Warkworth office, where she assists the team in a variety of legal executive roles. Contact
Check out our lastest Trusts service blog posts
Questions? Comments? Please feel free to get in touch & let us impress you with what we have to offer