About this role
We’re looking for Bachelor of Laws graduates who will be finishing their studies in 2023 (excluding Professional Studies) to join us, the leading law firm in the North. Our comprehensive and supportive graduate development programme helps our graduate lawyers transition from law student to legal professional.
We’re proud to provide a leading graduate induction and training programme, where you’ll learn all about the ins and outs of actually practising law including:
- matter and document management in a digital office
- time recording and billing
- further practical legal skills according to your team
- client service skills
- business development skills
- maintaining wellbeing and resilience, and more.
Training begins with an 8-week intensive induction programme, followed by ongoing fortnightly training sessions tailored for our graduates, as well as participating in other firm and team-wide training initiatives and CPD.
Over the course of your first year, in addition to completing your Professional Legal Studies, you will:
- be actively involved in client relationships (with support) – you’ll become a trusted advisor to your clients
- work on a variety of legal documentation for personal and business clients
- learn to take a big picture view for your clients, advising on a range of matters depending on the team that ends up being the best fit for you.
What you will bring
- be comfortable with technology and learning new systems
- have very strong attention to detail
- have excellent communication skills and ability to build relationships
- be able to work as part of a team but also show initiative
- be naturally curious and love learning
- have a passion for helping the North grow – whether as a newcomer to the area, or a person returning back to your roots (make sure to tell us what interests you about the North in your cover letter).
When do I start?
We’re looking for law graduates who are ready to start work no later than February 2024. You may start from November 2023 if it is of benefit to both parties (working part time while completing Profs is an option). Your anticipated start date will not impact on your application. You may or may not have started or completed Profs when you apply.
Where will I work?
WRMK Lawyers has offices in Whangarei, Dargaville, Kerikeri and Warkworth.
Find out more
Visit wrmk.co.nz/graduate-recruitment for more information about our graduate development programme.
Please apply here including your CV, cover letter and academic transcript or to . We are also happy to answer any questions you may have.