WRMK is delighted to provide two scholarships to support aspiring law students who have demonstrated academic ability and leadership, but are facing significant financial need or have life circumstances that present barriers to studying at university.
What does a WRMK Law scholarship include?
The scholarship comprises three elements;
- $10,000 cash contribution, to be paid in two parts: $3,000 on successfully gaining entrance to a New Zealand university with the intention to study law; and $7,000 to be paid on successfully being accepted into Law School in the second year of your studies.
- Work experience: upon completion of the second year of study, Scholarship recipients will be invited to undertake a 6-8 week paid work experience programme during the summer of 2023-24. Students may also be invited back for further work experience in subsequent years, or to apply for a summer clerk position (acceptance beyond the first year is not guaranteed).
- Mentor: scholarship recipients will be matched with a mentor from WRMK who will support them during their studies.
Who is eligible to apply?
WRMK Law Scholarships are for students who:
- are a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident
- must be in Year 13 at an eligible secondary school (see Terms and Conditions)
- have achieved at least NCEA Level 2 endorsed with merit, or equivalent
- can show significant financial need or life circumstances which present barriers to studying at university
- must be intending to enrol for full-time study in the year following application with the intention to pursue a law degree at a New Zealand university.