Whether you’re buying or selling a farm, subdividing or planning for the next generation, we can give you specialist advice and assistance.
All matters including the sale and purchase of farms, their structuring, finance, subdivision, use and development, tax issues and all other legal problems and issues that affect farmers can be dealt with promptly and at reasonable cost.
We have experience in sharemilking and other farming disputes and their resolution if necessary by conducting arbitration and court hearings.
We work with your accountant to identify tax and commercial issues and can advise you on business structures, usual industry practice and common fishhooks.
We know that all farms and all families are different and we have the breadth of experience to be able to offer solutions tailored to your particular situation.
Thinking about the future?
Our Rural Team
- Rebecca Merry Director BA, LLB | Rural Team Leader Rebecca Merry is a rural and asset planning lawyer. Contact
- Alice Chapman Senior Lawyer BA, LLB Alice Chapman has recently joined Rebecca Merry as a rural and asset planning lawyer in our Rural Law Team Contact
- Clive Jackson Consultant LLB Born and raised in Northland, Clive graduated from Auckland University in 1974. Contact
- Tania McMinn Legal Executive Tania worked for a sole practitioner in Auckland for over 22 years before moving North in 2010 to work for Webb Ross McNab Kilpatrick, and is now part of our rural team Contact
- Natalie Robinson Law Clerk LLB, BA Natalie joined WRMK Lawyers in November 2018, and is in the rural team. Contact
Fantastic, friendly & approachable
Check out our lastest Rural service blog posts
Questions? Comments? Please feel free to get in touch & let us impress you with what we have to offer