Office: Whangarei, Dargaville
David leads WRMK’s employment law team, and is a trained and accomplished mediator.
He is known for his problem solving ability, plain English approach and strong client relationships.
David is highly experienced in managing contentious employment matters and is a valued resource to many in-house HR and ER managers throughout Northland. David acts for a wide range of clients (both employers and employees) across many industries, including in mediation and in the Employment Authority.
David balances life in the office with time on the rugby field (as a player for the Manaia Misfits Golden Oldies). He is also an ocean sailor and a member of the Whangarei Sunrise Rotary Club.
- Advising employer clients how to structure and undertake an employment investigation that achieves appropriate outcomes while satisfying the law and the obligation of good faith.
- Advocating on behalf of clients at employment mediations convened either privately or before a MBIE mediator.
- Undertaking a workplace investigation in a large department of a national organisation to resolve allegations of bullying.
- Providing relevant and unbiased legal advice to employers about a proposed course of action which sets out potential risks and benefits.
- Preparing and/or defending applications in the Employment Relations Authority and the Employment Court.
- Representing the interests of Employers in bargaining a Collective Employment Agreement.
LLM (Hons), University of Auckland, LLB, University of Waikato