Chris leads WRMK's business team, and has over 15 years' experience in business and commercial property legal matters.
Chris handles business and commercial property legal matters, including the sale and purchase of businesses and shares, shareholders’ agreements, general contract negotiation and drafting, finance, joint ventures, limited partnerships, commercial property (sale, purchase and leasing), construction and other general business law.
Chris balances his time in the office by enjoying spending time with his family and training for running events around New Zealand (with a few mandatory cold ones to follow to aid in recovery).
- Prepared and helped clients’ negotiate a number of shareholders’ agreements, joint venture agreements and limited partnership agreement.
- Acted on the sale and purchase of shares in companies and on the sale and purchase of large and small businesses in various industries.
- Advised companies and directors on governance requirements and compliance requirements where looking to raise capital.
- Acted for lenders and borrowers in lending transactions involving a range of different types of securities.
- Acted on the sale and purchase of large single and multi-tenanted commercial properties.
- Advised tenants and landlords on leases and new developments.
- Advised principals, contractors and subcontractors on a number of large construction contracts.
- Provided day-to-day contractual and business law advice to a number of clients.
LLB, BMS (Hons), University of Waikato