Office: Whangarei, Dargaville
Pera works in WRMK’s Māori law practice and is also part of our litigation team.
She primarily works from our Dargaville office.
She has experience in many different areas of law, including property, relationship property and civil litigation with a particular interest in providing employment law advice and working with Māori.
Born and bred in Dargaville and of Te Roroa, Ngāti Whatua and Te Uri o Hau descent, Pera is highly involved in and passionate about her community including: acting as a Board member of the Dargaville Youth Charitable Trust, Te Roroa Board of Trustees, Mana Whenua Advisory Committee member of Te Tai Tokerau Water Trust and various working groups. Prior to becoming a lawyer Pera spent a number of years working in the public and private sector including the Ministry of Social Development, Auckland Council and the University of Auckland’s Faculty of Law.
Pera primarily helps with:
- Civil, property and family dispute resolution, negotiations and mediation.
- Representing clients in the District/ High Court, Family Court, Māori Land Court & Tenancy Tribunal.
- Preparing and/or defending applications in the Employment Relations Authority, mediation and before an MBIE mediator.
- Providing advice and support to iwi, rūnanga, marae, hapū and whānau on various matters (including pro-bono).
- Advising on Privacy Act protection, Consumer Guarantees Act and Fair Trading Act.
LLB, BA, University of Auckland