Office: Whangarei, Dargaville
Pera works in WRMK’s Māori law practice and is also part of our litigation team.
She primarily works from our Dargaville office.
She has experience in many different areas of law, including property, relationship property, estate planning, trusts and civil litigation with a particular interest in providing employment law advice and working with Māori.
Born and bred in Dargaville and of Te Roroa and Ngāti Whatua descent, Pera is highly involved in her community including acting as a Board member of the Dargaville Youth Charitable Trust, Te Roroa Board of Trustees, Kaipara Manawhenua Advisory Committee and various working groups.
- Representing clients in civil and family dispute resolution, negotiations and mediation.
- Advising employer clients how to structure and undertake a re-structuring that achieves appropriate outcomes.
- Providing relevant and unbiased legal advice to employers about a proposed course of action which sets out potential risks and benefits.
- Preparing and/or defending applications in the Employment Relations Authority, mediation and before an MBIE mediator.
- Representing clients in property disputes in the High Court $1m+.
- Preparing and/or defending relationship property disputes in the Family Court including negotiations and mediations $1m+.
- Assisting and appearing for clients in the Māori Land Court.
- Providing advice and support to iwi, rūnanga, marae, hapū and whānau on various matters.
- Preparing applications on behalf of landlords or tenants at Tenancy Tribunal.
- Advising on Privacy Act protection, Consumer Guarantees Act and Fair Trading Act advice.
LLB, BA, University of Auckland