Kathryn is an experienced lawyer in our business team, who enjoys helping clients on a wide variety of commercial matters.
Kathryn joined WRMK in 2020, and brings a variety of legal and life experience to our business team. She started her career as a civil litigator dealing with contract disputes and insolvency work, and has nearly 20 years as an in-house lawyer both in New Zealand and overseas. She has worked for a diverse range of organisations from financial institutions to Government Departments, and most recently, a local council.
Kathryn enjoys the challenge of helping clients to resolve issues quickly by providing sensible and practical advice.
Kathryn was born and bred in Whangarei. After experiencing other parts of New Zealand and the world, she came back to Whangarei in 2007 with her husband to raise their three daughters. She is very active in the volunteer sector having been on various dancing and performing arts committees, an intern on the Sport Northland Board and is currently a board member for the Whangarei Netball Centre. She is also heavily involved in her local netball club, Manaia, where she is currently the president of the committee, a player and a coach. In her spare time (there isn’t much) she enjoys trail running and spending time with her family.
- Drafting a sub-contractor agreement for a large Northland based company.
- Drafting commercial leases and advising on commercial lease disputes.
- Advising on franchise and trademark issues.
- Advising on company law issues such as constitutions and shareholders agreements.
- Work for charitable trusts.
- Advising on issues with local councils.
LLB, University of Otago