Office: Whangarei, Dargaville
Dan helps clients with a wide range of business and property matters.
With 20 years’ experience, across a wide a wide range of commercial and corporate and property matters, both in NZ and internationally, Dan brings a broad perspective and depth of knowledge to clients and aims to deliver practical and commercial solutions.
He advises on:
- Buying and selling businesses (assets and shares)
- Shareholder/Joint venture agreements
- Finance transactions
- Company law and governance, including insolvency and directors duties
- Commercial law advice
- Commercial contract drafting and advice
- Terms of trade
- Buying and selling property (residential, commercial and rural)
- Developing property
- Commercial leasing for landlords
- Landlords on disputes with tenants
- Overseas residents on the Overseas Investment Act and their options for purchasing property in NZ.
- the Crown Minerals Act
- Local Government law relating to property.
Dan and his family live on a farm near Parua Bay, farming breeding cows and sheep. With four children, Dan’s life outside the office is filled with their sports and activities, farming, beach time and surfing.
- The purchase of a Northland coastal trophy farm, and related subdivision advice for the overseas purchaser.
- Advising a Northland family on the purchase of land and development of an adventure park business.
- Advising a land developer in dispute with council over development contributions.
- Advising a New Zealand business owner on an investment into an Australian business and financing and sale options.
- Advising on the lease and sale of boutique abattoir business to a purchaser intending pharmaceutical product extraction, with terms including secured vendor financing and profit share provisions.
MA (Hons), LLB, University of Waikato