Disputes come in lots of different forms so you need different tools to sort them out.
Sometimes you can’t avoid going to court. Sometimes you can get a better result with mediation or arbitration. If you’re in a dispute then you need to find the best solution for you.
We have specialists in all areas of resolving disputes – from experienced court lawyers to trained mediators. Talk to us.
We have wide experience in mediation and arbitration and in taking cases in the District Court, Family Court, High Court, Environment Court, Court of Appeal and the Maori Land Court. We can also represent you before the many different tribunals (such as the Weathertight Homes Tribunal) which affect us all from time to time.
Our lawyers appear regularly in all local courts and tribunals.
Cases dealt with include all types of personal, property, contract and commercial disputes, enforcement of rights, debt collection, matrimonial property disputes and settlements, custody and guardianship issues, dissolution of marriages, maritime matters, tax questions, criminal matters and many others.
We offer you:
- Appropriate levels of representation, from junior solicitors to senior counsel
- The services of one of Northland’s largest legal practices
- Use by you of our offices in Whangarei by arrangement (we are in modern premises immediately over the road from the Court)
Looking for an independent mediator to get you through a difficult dispute?
We have a number of trained and experienced mediators who can help you get to the best solution for you.
Mediation is not a soft option. It is often the best way to make sure that your interests are protected.
At WRMK, we have significant experience in dealing with a range of maritime issues.
We have experience in arresting ships and providing expert representation in boat building disputes. We also have experience at sea and in the boat yard! We can assist you in the following areas:
- Casualty claims
- Salvage claims
- Pollution incidents
- Maritime incidents and enquiries
- Ship arrests
- Joint venture agreements
- Maritime prosecutions
- Boat building disputes
We can assist in resolving all issues that involve maritime issues. We have an in depth knowledge of the New Zealand admiralty jurisdiction and the Maritime Transport Act 1996. We understand the industry and are well placed to advise on vessel and shipwrecks, marine enquiries, pollution incidents and the like.
Have something on your mind?
Our Disputes Resolution Team
- David Grindle Director Employment Team Leader | Whangarei, Dargaville David leads WRMK’s employment law team, and is known for his problem solving ability and strong client relationships. Contact
- Wayne McKean Managing Director Dispute Resolution Team Leader | Whangarei Wayne is a highly accomplished client advocate, with over 20 years' experience in the law. He leads the firm, as Managing Director, and also heads WRMK’s litigation team. Contact
- David Adams Senior Lawyer Whangarei David is a member of WRMK’s dispute resolution team, specialising in advice and disputes over family wealth. Contact
- Nicola Hartwell Lawyer Whangarei Nicola specialises in civil litigation, with a particular interest in insolvency matters. Contact
- Jaime-Anne Tulloch Lawyer Whangarei Jaime-Anne is a member of WRMK’s dispute resolution team, working on a range of matters. Contact
- Andrew Easterbrook Associate Whangarei Andrew is a senior lawyer who specialises in relationship property, private wealth, estates, and information technology and privacy law. Contact
Check out our lastest Dispute resolution service blog posts
Questions? Comments? Please feel free to get in touch & let us impress you with what we have to offer